This is a gift guide for brothers, fathers, male friends, cousins, male coworkers, and whoever else. It could be for husbands, too. But, not mine because then he would think that he is getting some of this good stuff and Christmas is a season for secrets and magic, so this is not a gift guide for my husband, though he would love all of this. What a sentence. Here we go. Scroll over the photos for links.
- A fun sweatshirt and t-shirt. I love everything that Bitter Southerner does. Their apparel is perfect for the cool southerners in your life.
- Perfect wall art. I love vintage paint by numbers, and this Etsy account has so many options, and there’s something for everyone. This is perfect for that guy in your life that loves antique stores, and all things art.
- An educational book about cocktails. I think cookbooks are also always appropriate.
- A very, very fun flask.
- Socks from Little River Sock Mill. These socks are made in a small mill in Alabama, and are so soft and wonderful. They’re not just socks, they’re special socks.
- A perfect flannel. Because flannel is easy to throw on and go, and this is perfect for your brother who tends to wake up a little late, and needs something comfortable and easy to get him through the day.
- A dop kit. Perfect for YOUR husband or brother who keeps their toiletries a plastic bag when they travel. Get that fella what he needs.
Scroll over the photos for links.
- Everlane Giftcard – Something that she won’t buy for herself, but you know that she wants it. She can use it towards the Day Heel that she has been lusting over for months, or a cashmere sweater to warm her heart in January when the Christmas cheer is dwindling.
- Jewelry from a local, female maker. – Shop small, and support your lady neighbors. These diamond drop earrings are sexy, simple, and perfect for that friend that likes to keep things low key.
- Catbird’s Threadbare Rings. – Perfect for your single or married friends who have everything else. Get her a ring, and get yourself one to match. You both can wear it and think of each other.
- Boob Pot. – For your breast friends. She can use it as a planter, a place to hold toothbrushes, makeup brushes, pencils, paintbrushes, spare change, buttons, whatever. It has breasts, and breasts are beautiful. Perfect for your friend that truly doesn’t care what her houseguests think.
- A cozy, flattering sweater. – This sweater is so soft and wonderful. The colors are unique, and I guarantee she doesn’t already have one like it in her closet. It has a flattering fit, which will make sure that your girl feels as beautiful as you know her to be.
- Ilia Lip Conditioner. – The shade, Bang Bang is my personal favorite. It’s the perfect shade of red that isn’t scary and risky to wear. It’s lightweight, makes your lips feel silky smooth, and smells like cake. Win, win, win. Perfect for your friend that likes to keep things fresh faced.
- Incense Matches. – These are the coolest things, and they are so much fun to use. Perfect for stocking stuffers, or buy the whole bunch for a lifetime supply.
- Madewell Leather Bag. – As her best friend, you probably know what her handbag needs are. Maybe she is the friend that keeps her debit card and license in her back pocket when she leaves the house. Maybe she is the friend that never uses her wallet. Maybe she is the friend who dumps her bag contents out on the sidewalk when trying to find quarters for the parking meters. Maybe she is all three (like me). Get her a bag that is sure to fit her taste, that she needs, but for some reason isn’t buying for herself.
- A biography about a powerful woman. Our best friends are all complete power women, and we are inspired by them daily. Buy her a book that will surely inspire her.
- An essential oil diffuser. There are all sorts of different kinds that range in price. Perfect for your friend who has trouble sleeping, or is prone to anxiety, or who isn’t a fan of candles, etc. Perfect for everyone.
- A lightweight robe. Perfect for layering over pajamas when the temps turn cold, or perfect for warm summer days around the house. Perfect for homebodies or for your friend who watches makeup videos, has a full eyeshadow menagerie and needs something easy to throw on between the shower and show time.
- A perfect, simple gold flask. For your friend that you once sneaked sips with at that dry wedding, or at the family gathering.
Throw something in that online shopping cart for yourself, too. You deserve it.
All images are links that can be clicked.
- Pyne and Smith dresses: I have one dress from this fantastic brand, and I could live in it. I wore it all summer and it proved itself to be the most perfect, most comfortable, easy, breezy dress that I ever could have hoped for. I would love to add a few more to my closet, and I think that the black and the blue would be great for work, off days, and days when pants just aren’t ideal. I could layer a chunky sweater over them for chillier days, and oh boy, I just want them right NOW.
- Brooklyn Candle Studio Pumpkin Harvest Candle: I’ve never smelled this candle, but if it’s as good as the branding, I know it would be perfect. Some pumpkin candles are too sweet, but this one sounds like it hones in more on the spice component, which is my favorite part of pumpkin anything.
Pumpkin Spice everything please.
- Brooklyn Candle Studio Spiked Apple Cider Candle: Again, I’ve never smelled this candle, but I’m confident that it is heavenly.
- Manready Mercantile Cedar + Sage Candle: Never smelled, but I know that it would not disappoint me. It would fill my home with its blissful, woodsy aroma, setting the tone for an evening of cocktails and visits with friends.
- Parachute x Jenni Kayne Striped Linen Duvet Cover: Abbey received a Parachute duvet cover as a wedding gift, and all of us gals passed it around the circle and admired it longingly. I stumbled upon this one and I love the subtle, almost railroad striping, and I know that it would look just as lovely in spring with crisp white sheets, as it would look in November with a big, cozy, rusty red colored throw laying at the foot of it, and my black and white cat perched up by the pillows. (Heart eyes for daaaays)
- Madewell Rivet & Thread Sweatshirt: I have the red one and I want to live in it. I know that the ivory would be just as perfect. It’s slouchy, but sexy in just the right way. It’s comfortable and warm, but light enough for Alabama. Want want want.
- Red Musc Eau de Parfum by Mad et Len: Years and years ago, a friend of mine was an au pair in Paris for the children of a woman who worked with Chanel, I believe? The woman sent my friend back to the states with gifts, and rejected Chanel perfume scents that never made it to production. My friend let me pick one out for myself, and I wore it all the time. It was exactly what I wanted in a perfume. Sweet, but not too sweet, dark, but not too dark, light, but not too light, and feminine, with a hint of masculine. It was just right. I used every bit of it, down to the last drop, and then it was gone. Getting it reproduced would be such a process and probably expensive. BUT, the other day a different friend took me to a shop in town and made me smell this perfume that she loved, and it.smelled.just.like.mine. There was the slightest difference, that I couldn’t pinpoint, but it’s the closest that I’ve come to finding THE ONE. It has a pretty steep price tag. BUT, that’s what Christmas and anniversaries are for? Right? wink wink.
- Apple Watch: Trey says that I have a scary heartbeat, and sometimes I believe him. I’ve gotten my heart checked out and supposedly all is well. BUT, he said that he wants to get me the new Apple watch, and I’m not going to argue. I love the gold, and I’ll buy a brown or black leather band for it one day. I love that Mickey Mouse, Minnie, Woody, Buzz, etc. can all be the background, just tapping their foot as the seconds pass. It’ll have a bunch of fun, new, fitness features, and I think it would be nice to know how my heart handled the two cups of coffee I had last night, and the cup I had this morning, and the cup I’ll have later on…
- Runamok Maple Syrup Sugarmaker’s Cut: I’ve seen this in magazines for years, and I keep forgetting about it. If I put it here, maybe I won’t forget. Runamok Maple is known for their maple syrups, and this one is as pure as it gets.