It’s time. It’s time. It’s time.
- Watch Christmas movies:
- Miracle on 34th Street (original).
Miracle on 34th Street (remake).
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original).
- Love Actually.
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer etc.
A Christmas Story.
Home Alone 1 & 2.
t’s A Wonderful Life.
- Mr. Krueger’s Christmas.
- A Christmas Memory (1966 Truman Capote).
- A Christmas Carol.
The Santa Clause.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Holiday Inn. Thoughts after watching: HOLY COW SO RACIALLY INSENSITIVE.
The Shop Around The Corner.
The Family Stone.
- Dress up and go see The Nutcracker.
- Go iceskating in Railroad Park.
- Bake Christmas cookies and decorate them.
- Bake Gingerbread cookies.
- Make a list of Christmas goodies to bake for Christmas Day.
- Have the cousins come stay for a few days and do all the Christmas things.
Make a wreath.
String garland up around the apartment.
- Fill a stocking for James.
Fill a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child, or get a Christmas Angel.
- Have friends over for Christmas movies, drinks, games, and treats.
Dress up and attend a Christmas party.
Go antiquing for Christmas decor.
- Buy annual ornament.
Buy annual Christmas book.
Frame Christmas art and vintage Christmas cards.
Decorate a Christmas tree.
Have a Snow Day!
- Take a drive to see Christmas lights.
- Make an ornament.
- Send Christmas cards.
Make a holiday playlist.
- Eat peppermint ice-cream.
- Visit a Christmas tree farm.
- Learn something new about a December holiday that I’m unfamiliar with.
Hang a wreath on the front door.
- See a Christmas movie at the Alabama Theater, then get dessert and coffee.
- Take a “family” picture with James.
Make our annual anniversary video.
- Have Trey’s cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning.
- Go for a winter walk or hike.
Kiss Trey under mistletoe.
- Make mom’s hot chocolate.
- Read Charles Dickens’s A Christmas Carol.
- Color Christmas pictures with Virginia.
- Leave goodies for the mailman in the mailbox.
- Have a cozy, do next-to-nothing day by the Christmas tree.
See my autumn list, and notice how I didn’t get it all done.
This is a gift guide for brothers, fathers, male friends, cousins, male coworkers, and whoever else. It could be for husbands, too. But, not mine because then he would think that he is getting some of this good stuff and Christmas is a season for secrets and magic, so this is not a gift guide for my husband, though he would love all of this. What a sentence. Here we go. Scroll over the photos for links.
- A fun sweatshirt and t-shirt. I love everything that Bitter Southerner does. Their apparel is perfect for the cool southerners in your life.
- Perfect wall art. I love vintage paint by numbers, and this Etsy account has so many options, and there’s something for everyone. This is perfect for that guy in your life that loves antique stores, and all things art.
- An educational book about cocktails. I think cookbooks are also always appropriate.
- A very, very fun flask.
- Socks from Little River Sock Mill. These socks are made in a small mill in Alabama, and are so soft and wonderful. They’re not just socks, they’re special socks.
- A perfect flannel. Because flannel is easy to throw on and go, and this is perfect for your brother who tends to wake up a little late, and needs something comfortable and easy to get him through the day.
- A dop kit. Perfect for YOUR husband or brother who keeps their toiletries a plastic bag when they travel. Get that fella what he needs.
Scroll over the photos for links.
- Everlane Giftcard – Something that she won’t buy for herself, but you know that she wants it. She can use it towards the Day Heel that she has been lusting over for months, or a cashmere sweater to warm her heart in January when the Christmas cheer is dwindling.
- Jewelry from a local, female maker. – Shop small, and support your lady neighbors. These diamond drop earrings are sexy, simple, and perfect for that friend that likes to keep things low key.
- Catbird’s Threadbare Rings. – Perfect for your single or married friends who have everything else. Get her a ring, and get yourself one to match. You both can wear it and think of each other.
- Boob Pot. – For your breast friends. She can use it as a planter, a place to hold toothbrushes, makeup brushes, pencils, paintbrushes, spare change, buttons, whatever. It has breasts, and breasts are beautiful. Perfect for your friend that truly doesn’t care what her houseguests think.
- A cozy, flattering sweater. – This sweater is so soft and wonderful. The colors are unique, and I guarantee she doesn’t already have one like it in her closet. It has a flattering fit, which will make sure that your girl feels as beautiful as you know her to be.
- Ilia Lip Conditioner. – The shade, Bang Bang is my personal favorite. It’s the perfect shade of red that isn’t scary and risky to wear. It’s lightweight, makes your lips feel silky smooth, and smells like cake. Win, win, win. Perfect for your friend that likes to keep things fresh faced.
- Incense Matches. – These are the coolest things, and they are so much fun to use. Perfect for stocking stuffers, or buy the whole bunch for a lifetime supply.
- Madewell Leather Bag. – As her best friend, you probably know what her handbag needs are. Maybe she is the friend that keeps her debit card and license in her back pocket when she leaves the house. Maybe she is the friend that never uses her wallet. Maybe she is the friend who dumps her bag contents out on the sidewalk when trying to find quarters for the parking meters. Maybe she is all three (like me). Get her a bag that is sure to fit her taste, that she needs, but for some reason isn’t buying for herself.
- A biography about a powerful woman. Our best friends are all complete power women, and we are inspired by them daily. Buy her a book that will surely inspire her.
- An essential oil diffuser. There are all sorts of different kinds that range in price. Perfect for your friend who has trouble sleeping, or is prone to anxiety, or who isn’t a fan of candles, etc. Perfect for everyone.
- A lightweight robe. Perfect for layering over pajamas when the temps turn cold, or perfect for warm summer days around the house. Perfect for homebodies or for your friend who watches makeup videos, has a full eyeshadow menagerie and needs something easy to throw on between the shower and show time.
- A perfect, simple gold flask. For your friend that you once sneaked sips with at that dry wedding, or at the family gathering.
Throw something in that online shopping cart for yourself, too. You deserve it.