- I spent my entire Sunday baking goodies that I had been wanting to try. I baked these GF Chocolate Spinach Muffins. I believe that I added too much spinach, because they turned out well, looked pretty, but I just get this little twang with every bite. So, they’re just sitting in the fridge, going bad. I know that T won’t eat them if I won’t. So… bummer. I also baked this Paleo Apple Pie. I’ve made some goodies from The Bakerita before, and they are now regulars in our dinner line up. But, maybe I’m just so used to the Caramel Apple Pie that I make, that this one felt too dry to me. I know that it was my fault because I added some pizzazz instead of doing a lattice on top, and it resulted in a very bready, crusty top crust. And, the recipe calls for the remnants of the juices or liquids to be left out of the pie, but, I think I should have added them. So, T won’t mess around with Apple Pie because he hates the texture. SO. It’s all on me to eat this pie that was made with some v. expensive ingredients. So…another bummer. I also made this Zucchini Bread, which turned out so perfect, and rich, and it takes just like a very serious chocolate cake. BUT, I’m so overwhelmed by all of the other goodies in my fridge that are going to waste, that I just feel guilty only eating this zucchini bread. And, to top it all off, as if baking three specialty treats wasn’t excessive enough for you, I made these Whole Wheat Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies. They looked nothing like the pictures, but T ate them all and raved about them. There’s a lesson here: Don’t try four new recipes all at once, under any circumstances. Even if I had a lot of people around to eat them, it doesn’t mean that the dishes would actually get eaten. So, while it was fun, and I spent the day exactly how I wanted to spend it…I will be sticking to one recipe at a time from now on.
- I’m throwing a potluck Halloween party with a friend this year, and I cannot wait.
- Anthropologie’s holiday decor has made me very riled up, which you probably gathered from my last post. But, here are some of my favorites: the merry fishmas ornaments (I don’t understand them, but they make me giggle), this pom wreath (I would rather make my own, but this one is so much fun!), every single one of these pearly glass globe ornaments, all of these mini bulbs, these botanical globe ornaments (I’m planning on making my own), this Cardinal clip ornament. My mom always had bird ornaments clipped onto our Christmas tree, and I know that Papa would have loved this cardinal. This pumpkin pie ornament, and all the other food ornaments (but I don’t really want my Christmas tree covered in food).
- Trey and I have started watching Newsroom and we can’t get enough of it.
- Some of my mornings are spent driving around my city, finding things that I haven’t seen before. A couple of days ago, Trey and I stumbled right up on this little Christmas store that has been around for thirty years. Trey had a long conversation with the sweet, elderly owner about Alabama’s football situation this year (that’s all I can tell you). But, the woman was as knowledgeable as he was, and they had fun together. And, we found this stunning home.