I was inspired by Kelle Hampton and her summer 2017 list. I loved seeing her and her family scratch things off of their list of to-do’s, knowing that they squeezed every bit of life out of the summer season. Some of the to-do’s on her list were: epic lemonade stand, drink from a coconut, go to the movies on a rainy day, twirl in a sundress, buy corn from a midwest farm stand, have a water balloon fight, family night swim party, and so much more. So, seeing that her list ranged from big to teeny tiny small. Mine does too.
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Carve pumpkins.
Bake cupcakes with Jena.
- Bake cookies for work.
Bake sweet potato bread. Bake whole-wheat chocolate chip cookies.
- Hike the arboretum with Jena.
Drink hot apple cider on the Weichman’s front porch.
- See a drive-in movie.
See Abbey get married.
- Go to McGee farms in Florence.
- Learn how to make Papa’s biscuits.
- Have mom’s beef stew.
- Spend the weekend at the Weichman’s and wake up early for a scenic drive.
- Take Jon to the zoo.
- Eat a caramel apple.
- Make new turkey shirts for Thanksgiving.
Watch Coraline. Watch The Addam’s Family (the original). Watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. Watch Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.
- Watch Frankenweenie.
Watch The Corpse Bride.
- Have a Harry Potter marathon day.
Watch You’ve Got Mail.
- Go on a hike with Trey.
Buy a new autumn nail polish shade.
- Have waffles at The Pantry.
- Work in Papa’s yard.
- Watch the sunrise somewhere.
Watch the sunset somewhere.
- Go apple picking.
Spend a day antique shopping. Go for a drive.
- Go on an early morning walk.
- Take Christmas card photo.
- Collect “pinecorns” with Jon.
Bake a “Friendsgiving”. Do SOMETHING on Halloween.
- Buy a new pair of super cozy socks.
Go on at least six drives just to see the changing leaves.
- Go to a football game.
- Have a game night with Dad, Lisa, and Andy.
- Have the cousins over for a weekend.
Make chili. Buy a new candle. Make a Thanksgiving food that’s new. Bake a pie other than pumpkin and apple. Bake an apple pie.
- Have Trey make his cinnamon rolls.
- Have a bonfire or campfire.
- Roast marshmallows.
Find that perfect table that I’ve been looking for. Spend a day watching football with Trey.
- Go to Florence’s Renaissance Faire.
- Show the cousins how to play train and Phase 10.
Get that new HP book.
- Get outside and use my camera.
Get an autumny latte.
- Feast and Forest’s fall treats.
Have a scary movie night with friends.
- Hike in a Natl. Forest.
I’ll be checking things off through November. But, I know that in November, I’ll make a winter to-do list and it’ll be twice as long. These are the things that I live for.
P.S. I’ve already been scouring the internet for Christmas decor. I love me.