- I’ve been listening to Dolly Parton’s album “Hello, I’m Dolly” this week, and she is just such an incredible legend. Her voice just makes me feel like I’ll float away like a big orange balloon, and I love it.
- I’ve fallen out of every single one of my healthy habits for the last month, but starting tomorrow… I’m back in it. Its absolutely unbelievable how different you feel when you’re doing everything right.
- Did I say that Trey shaved his beard? And cut his hair? He did. He looks like he is fresh out of the army in 1960. Clean shaven, and that jawline just knocks me down. I wanted him to keep his long hair because he looked very 1980’s Paperback Erotic Novel handsome, but he refused.
- I talked to my cousin Sam yesterday about how we miss the house smelling like Papa’s tobacco smoke. We talked about how we always loved packing his pipe for him, and he told me about why Papa recently switched from Half and Half tobacco to Prince Albert. But, I still want some Half and Half to have around. He told me about how he has one of Papa’s pipes, and he knows it’s the one that Papa was using when he was born. Apparently, one day it fell out of Papa’s pocket in the yard somewhere and he lost it. Months and months passed and he didn’t find it. The yard had been mowed countless times, seasons changed and one day Sam was walking around outside and he stepped on it. He found Papa’s pipe, and Papa let him keep it. We shared a laugh over it and you could tell that he was just so proud, and he should be. I told him about how I have one of Papa’s chambray shirts, and it still has a white lighter in the pocket. Sam’s eyes sparkled and he had this happy smile on his face. He said, “that’s a good find.” Andy is the oldest grandson, and he always admired Papa just as much as Sam, maybe more. But Sam is a small town boy. He loves Red Bay and he never wants to leave it. He has acted like a 65 year old man since he was 6, and I don’t see it stopping. He has red hair and freckles that span across his nose, and then scatter all over is face. He’s in 8th grade now, and he likes to make up stories, most of which are comedies that would make hilarious comic books. When he was two, I sat him on my lap and shared a Hershey bar with him, and he has been by my side ever since. I would bounce him on my hip and gallop through the house with him. He’s brilliant, and I’m so proud of him.
- I’m still in the process of decorating my home for fall and Halloween. I started a couple of days ago and once I start, I don’t stop until I start decorating for Christmas.
- Since Bar Taco opened their location in Homewood a couple of weeks ago, I think I’ve been seven times. I went last night with two married couple friends that work with Trey, and we got to blow them away with the Bar Taco experience. If you’ve never been to Bar Taco, go go go go go!
- My friend Abbey is getting married in less than two months, and there are other exciting things in the works with some other friends, and I’m so happy to be able to be alongside these gals as they go forward.
- Madewell’s fall collection is beautiful, and there’s a particular sweater that launches tomorrow that I am ALL ABOUT. But of their current pieces, these are the ones I can’t stop thinking about: I haven’t tried these jeans yet, but I want them in my life. This sweater in kale, heather brick, and heather baltic. THIS SWEATSHIRT. The red is perfect for Alabama game days, and I know the ivory is beautiful. The fit is exactly what you would want in a retro sweatshirt, and it’s soft like the one your dad wore when he would rake the leaves up in your backyard. These loafers are on my wish list, and they are just as comfortable as they are gorgeous.
- My mantra for the week is: “If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right.” I think that applies to everything. If you’re not enjoying yourself, you can’t possibly do a perfect job. If you’re not enjoying yourself, you can’t possibly be giving all that you need to give to your relationships. So, here’s to finding the fun!