- I’m learning to embroider, and I love it. I love Sarah Benning‘s pieces, and wish that I could deck my halls with all of her work. All of her works are so inspiring, and they turn me into a walking, talking heart-eyed emoji. Right now, I’m working on some festive party hats and balloons so that my walls will be in a constant state of celebration.
I already finished one-but people thought they were frilly Christmas trees, so… I’m starting over. But you don’t need to know that.
- Jon Christian is visiting, and while it means that our apartment temporarily smells a little like teenage boys and ketchup- his visits are always my favorite. Just a second ago, he was sprawled out in the living room floor like a massive, 6’4 long bear rug- humming along with Mario Kart. We took him to the park today, where we hung around in hammocks and ate hotdogs and hamburgers. Does it get any better than that? I think not.
- Jim Kay’s illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone is stunning. If you like Harry Potter (you probably do), and you like illustrations (everyone does), you should go pick yourself up a copy. If you’re a die hard Harry Potter fan (like my super fan husband is) then you probably were first in line to get the book when it was released, and you probably ordered the British edition as well.
- Exciting things will be happening this year! A vacation to the Bahamas, hopefully a small trip out west, possibly moving to a new state, and more. Nervous, excited, but mostly excited.
- This week, I’ll be decorating our place for Valentine’s Day and restocking our vases with fresh flowers. Monet said it best, “I must have flowers, always, and always.”